Our Wide Range of Services
VNA Health System has a wealth of information about ways to improve your health and well-being. You can put your trust in our professional and experienced team. We always have your health and well-being at heart.
Hospice Care: Our care team works hand-in-hand with patients and families to provide a variety of support services when you need them most. Hospice patients often experience a great deal of physical discomfort as well as emotional turmoil. At the same time, their illness can be overwhelming for the individuals who care for them. That is why Crossings Hospice offers an intergrated hospice program, which provides medical, social, emotional and spiritual support for our patients and their families.
Home Health Skilled Sevices - individualized recuperative care provided in the home when a special need arises following surgery or illness.
- In-home assessment of patient's condition, physical limitations and nutritional needs, with specific skill assessment for geriatic patients. Most skilled services are provided short-term and and managed through a care plan created by the nursing staff and approved and monitored by the referring physician.
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists...rehabilitative and restorative services for individuals post joint replacement, traumatic accident, head injury, stroke or caridiac event; in-home assistance with ambulation, transfers, gait training and activities of daily living.
- Cardiac Care Team...instructional rehabilitative care and services for individuals post heart attack, cardiac surgery, other cardiac event or stroke; exclusive provider of ELItm 10 in-home 12 -lead ECG monitor for immediate relay of patient's real-time cardiac status to cardiologist or primary care physician.
- Wound and Ostomy Care...certified Wound Ostomy and Continence nurse on staff; general wound care, with Wound-Vac technology available for difficult to heal wounds; care and instruction for colostomy and ostomy patients.
- Diabetes...care, management and education.
- Specialized Oncology RNs...instruction, assessment and symptom management for patients with cancer diagnoses
- Medication Management for Seniors...to help prevent medication errors and re-admissions due to medication mismanagement.
- IV Therapy...care, support, education.
- Psychiatric RN...medical management, therapeutic intervention and symptom management training, including geriatric issues.
- Medical Social Services...assessment of social and emotional factors affecting medical management and recovery; assistance with long-term planning.
- Home Health Aides...for personal care, light housekeeping and general support with maintaining activities of daily living.
- Transitions / Palliative Care Program...providing added support for patients still seeking aggressive treatment for chronic, end stage diagnoses.
- Maternal Child Health...pre-natal and post-partum care; support and instruction for mothers and infants, plus skilled care for children up to age 18.
- Catheter care and instruction.
- Crossing Hospice...personalized, supportive care for individuals and families needing physical, emotional and practical end-of-life care/support.
- Flu Vaccine Specialists...annually providing private and public seasonal flu clinics throughout Mifflin, Juniata, Northumberland, Columbia, Montour, Union, Snyder and Schuylkill counties.
- LIFELINE 24-hr. a day Personal Reponse System...made available to provide added safety and security for the elderly, recuperating patients, individuals who are physically challenged or living alone and "latch key" children.
Private Duty Care: available for those who need added help maintaining themselves in their own home, such as a parent, elderly relative or individual with a physical disability or chronic illness. Services can include a licensed nurse to assist with skilled ongoing medical needs; a certified home health aide to assist with personal care, light housekeeping and meal preparation; or a companion to just "be" there for support, to run errands, etc.
Adult Day Care: to improve the quality of life for adults with functional impairment and to provide much needed respite for caregivers. The Caring Center provides a safe, comfortable environment for your loved one. Clients are provided with opportunities for social connections and peer support.
For additional information:
call at 570 648 8989 or send us an email.