Presenting VNA Health System
to provide quality, cost-effective home health and related services in our service territory, to all persons or families, regardless of their ability to pay.
The VNA Health System has an interesting history reflecting the changes in home health care over the years. Our growth has been remarkable and is growing bigger every year!
On March 10, 1913, Shamokin Visiting Nurse Association became the first VNA founded in the region. A group of community minded citizens felt it was beneficial for the residents of Shamokin to have a non-profit organization provide skilled nursing for ill patients in the home. The purpose of the organization was to provide home health care to homebound patients regardless of race, color, creed, or ability to pay. Our mission statement today reflects these same important words.
Our Growth Highlights:
- 1965-East Cameron, West Cameron, Zerbe, Ralpho, Rush and Shamokin Towhships are added to the service area, along with Medicare approval.
- 1993-The Hospice program was introduced and Mt Carmel and surrounding areas are added to the service area.
- 1995-expanded our service area by adding Community Nursing Service of Clinton County
- 1996- Changed our name to VNA Health System and added Jersey Shore Home Health.
- 1997-Centre HomeCare joined our health care network.
- 2006-VNA of Central Pennsylvania joined our health care network.
- 2009-Lewistown Home Health became a part of Centre HomeCare Inc.
- 2010-Opened Lewisburg Home Health branch office.
Our current service area covers eighteen (18) counties with over 400 nurses and home health aides, providing award winning quality care to our local communities.
Would you like to learn more about us and our services?
We would love to hear from you. Give us a call at 570.648.8989 or send us an email.